Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step

I've traveled at least a thousand miles on that road and (in the words of the immortal John Baldry) it's an equally long way to go back now, isn't it?

Since I've turned around and tried to hike back the way I came more times than I can count, I'm going to head out in a different direction and walk another road altogether. For that reason, I won't be writing about diets or weight loss. Rather, I'll be focusing on eating nutritiously and exploring ways to increase my level of activity.

I'll also be writing about my experiences around food growing up and my insights and perspective from deep in adulthood, as well as expressing my opinions on being large in a size-obsessed society. I'll share, also, some of my favorite recipes and hold forth on things in general.

I can't promise to blog every day, but the goal is to come as close as I possibly can, even if I can only muster a few lines of text. Part of the challenge of a project like this, for me, is having the discipline to live up to the commitment, so I'll make a promise here to blog a minimum of twice weekly and more if I find I have something extra to say.

A journey of a thousand miles is potentially very lonely and the success of this blog lies largely with fellow travelers I meet along the way. Being a company-loving sort, I know I won't make it very far on my own, so I hope you'll come along for the trip. The snacks will be tasty AND nutritious!


No comments:

Post a Comment